Bachelor of Law
The Bachelor of Law program is designed to provide comprehensive legal education for students interested in the legal profession. Students study several law courses covering public and private law disciplines. As a result, the program provides them with accurate knowledge about the basic concepts and rules of law, with special focus on UAE laws, the accurate way to apply laws and regulations on facts, the interpretation of law provisions according to pre-defined interpretation rules, the comparison between legislative rules and the jurisprudence, as well as judicial trends. Furthermore, the program addresses legal writing skills to enable the students to write memorials and other legal documents efficiently and correctly. Students draw valuable lessons from the practical training offered through the educational courts based in male and female campus. The COL adopts educational court as an essential part of the educational process; which provides great opportunity for students to link theoretical and practical aspects of law study. The College of Law prides itself with its numerous partnerships with local and federal institutions, as well as international law firms, where the students are provided hands-on experience combining theoretical and practical aspects of education.
- Build and develop a solid scientific base of knowledge in all areas of public and private law among the students.
- Create and enhance the professional practical aspect of the theoretical knowledge gained by students.
- Enable students to conduct legal research in accordance with well-established scientific research methodologies.
- Enable students to acquire professional skills and to efficiently use them in order to enhance their professional performance.
- Develop the ethical aspects of students’ unique personality which are necessary for the exercise of the legal profession.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Explain the norms and basic principles of law in general, and the UAE law in particular.
- Apply rules of law on actual facts in a correct manner.
- Interpret legal texts in accordance with well-established principles of interpretation.
- Conduct a scientific research in accordance with legal research methodologies.
- Formulate memorandums and judicial decisions in a clear and correct language.
- Address audience with confidence and fluency.
- Work efficiently as a team member.
- Use technology accurately and efficiently in undertaking various duties.
- Independently learn from theoretical and practical contemporary legal developments.
- Lead a team with effectiveness and efficiency.
- Express his/her commitment to the rules of law.
Required Credit Hours :
minimum 136 hours
General Education (Required Credits: 38)
Cluster 1: Values to Live By - Islam (3.00 hours)
Cluster 1: Values to Live By - Ethics (3.00 hours)
|PRVT113||Introduction to Law 1||3.000|
1 : Also counts towards the Major
Cluster 2: Skills for Life - English Communication Skills (3.00 hours)
|ESPU1052||English for Law I||3.000|
Cluster 2: Skills for Life - Information Literacy (3.00 hours)
Cluster 3: The Human Community - Emirates Society (3.00 hours)
Cluster 3: The Human Community - Humanities/Fine Arts (3.00 hours)
|SHAR2073||Personal Status (1) 3||3.000|
3 : Also counts towards the Major
Cluster 3: The Human Community - The Global Experience (2.00 hours)
|PUBL442||International Organizations 5||2.000|
5 : Also counts towards the Major
Cluster 5: Capstone Experience (3.00 hours)
|LAW340||Internal Training 6||3.000|
6 : Also counts towards the Major
Elective Courses (Req. CH:6)